Waterfront—(February 25 and 27, 2016) Founded in 1979, the 38th annual Vancouver International Wine Festival took over the city with its many festivities last week anchored by the International Festival Tasting Room at Vancouver Convention Centre West. This year, winos celebrated all things Italiano with Italy as the theme country for festival goers.
Oyster Bay's 2011 Riesling Botrytised from New Zealand.
VIWF by the numbers:
- 24,678 admissions in 2015
- 14 countries
- 155 wineries
- 54 events (22 winery dinners)
- 28 venues
- ~50 participating restaurants, hotels, caterers
- 1,470+ wines, including:
- 700+ at International Festival Tastings
- 145+ additional wines at Trade Tastings
- 625+ at special events (dinners, seminars, etc.)
- 43,000 bottles sampled and/or purchased
- 82,000 wine glasses used
- Italy: 60 wineries and 240 wines
- Raised $8.5 million for the performing arts since 1979
Henkell & Co.'s sparking wines on ice from Germany.
VIWF continues to support the Bard on the Beach celebrating its 27th season as one of Canada's largest not-for-profit, professional Shakespeare festivals.
More | 2015